Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Weather stripping with tab for slot

On Oct 14, 3:07*pm, "Bernie Hunt" wrote:
I have a door that has weather stripping around the edge. The is a 1/8 to
1/4" ledge where the current molding resides. Frost King makes a number of
different stick on moldings that will adhear to this ledge. But the ledge
has a slot cut in it. So the old molding in cross section was "D" shaped,
with a protrusion that when down into this slot to hold it in place.

Does anyone know where to get replacement molding for this? I called Frost
King and they don't have a catalog on line and they won't send me on unless
I'm a dealer. There recommondation was to travel around to all the Home
Depots in the area to see if I could find anything, hahahaha. Are there any
other big names in weather stripping?

Thanks,
Bernie

Try here, found via Google. There were other weather stripping sites
also.

http://www.swisco.com/Bubble-Seal-9_...le-Seal/58-055

By the way, you may not need to use the exact same type of weather
stripping.

There are lots of adhesive backed styles that might work for you.