Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Plumbing chatter

On Oct 14, 9:22*am, Phisherman wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:01:40 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

I was taking a shower, when the water started a chattering noise, and the
spray was a pulsed spray. *This came on when the Moen twist dial was in the
same position for about two minutes. *I changed the dial, then returned it
to the original temperature position, and it did it again. *A little
adjustment of the dial makes it go away, but it returns. *What's this?

Steve

The flow of water is the same Hz (or multiple of) the natural
frequency of the piping. * Try slightly decreasing (or increasing) the
flow rate through the pipes to stop the noise.

I hope you are suggesting this method as a "test" not as a "fix".

Since chattering pipes is not a normal occurrence, the OP shouldn't
have to set a faucet to a specific flow rate to get it to work
properly.

Patient: "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this."
Doc: "Don't do that."

Find the root cause and fix it, don't just treat the symptom.