Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

Stephen Gower wrote:
Jon Fairbairn wrote:

Only if they were doing they're job properly... as I understand it,
the electronic commerce regulations (Statutory Instrument 2002 No.
2013) do require you give an address: [...]

A combination of that and the Companies Act 2006.

I think "information society service" is generally interpreted to
include advertising your services on a website.

http://www.out-law.com/page-7594 and http://www.out-law.com/page-431
expand, and yes, the laws do cover websites where you just advertise
your services. You need an e-mail address (not a "contact us" form),
a geographic
address and company/VAT numbers.

Most sites don't show e-mail address's to prevent spam. Can't offhand think
of a company that does display and e-mail address. Just checked Wickes &
Screwfix & they both use a form.

Not limited or VAT registered so I don't have numbers.

I'll ask Trading Standards.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk