Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Dougall Tom Dougall is offline

Default Books

Reputed to be the best book ever written for newbies is "A Fundamental
Course in Woodturning " By Kieth Rowley.

I have a copy of this myself and I can vouch for the fact that it covers
just about everything a rookie turner needs to get going.

I knew Kieth myself ( he is the founder of the woodturning club I got to)
Sadly he died over about 2 years ago. By the way his Myford Mystro
lathe is up for sale if anyone is interested.

Tom

wrote in message
On Oct 11, 6:55 pm, "Ed Edelenbos" wrote:
Ok, so I've been turning for several years in a utility sense. That is to
say, if a job needed a specific part replaced or duplicated, I could do a
decent job of it. Lately I've gotten into doing some turning as hobby (or
dare I even evoke the A word?... as art.) FWIW, I've found a wealth of
educational stuff on youtube. Assume I'm a novice. What books have y'all
found worthwhile? Which ones are "must haves"?

Ed