Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Gower[_2_] Stephen Gower[_2_] is offline

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

Jon Fairbairn wrote:

Only if they were doing they're job properly... as I understand it, the
electronic commerce regulations (Statutory Instrument 2002 No. 2013)
do require you give an address: [...]

A combination of that and the Companies Act 2006.

I think "information society service" is generally interpreted to
include advertising your services on a website.

http://www.out-law.com/page-7594 and http://www.out-law.com/page-431 expand,
and yes, the laws do cover websites where you just advertise your services.
You need an e-mail address (not a "contact us" form), a geographic
address and company/VAT numbers.

--
Selah