Mark

Default Radio controlled clock question

"Mark Atherton" wrote in message
The clock incorporates a radio receiver to receive the time signal, as

you
say, from Rugby on 16kHz, very low frequency.I believe it is

continuous, it
is not a 'pips' type time signal but a complex signal containing time

info
which the clock/radio de-codes.Make sure you are not using it in a

shielded
area where radio waves can be attenuated,re-check the instructions

etc. More
info on Rugby Radio just put the name into Google.
Mark Atherton

I did wonder if perhaps I'm in an area where the signal's not getting
through but I did try it during the 5 mile trip home in the car and
still no update! Can't see that I'm doing anything wrong, Just press
the receiving button to start a forced update. The instructions say the
RCC symbol will flash for a maximum of 8 minutes and if signal is
successful it will update the clock and the RCC symbol will become
stationary - otherwise the RCC symbol will be off (which mine is after
the maximum 8 minutes of trying). I will have a read up on the Rugby
transmitter.