Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default tap drill size

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:50:00 -0700, "RST Engineering - JIm"
wrote:

Up one drill size plus cutting oil did the trick. All 24 holes now
tapped ;-)

What the hell kind of locomotive are you BUILDING???

Jim

1/8 inch panel. 24 1/4 - 20 holes. I'd say that #8 would work. #10
for certain.

Just think... 4 #10 screws holds in some pretty fat rack modules by
the ears.

If he was attaching something to the plate with one or two 1/4 - 20
screws, I could see it.

24 holes, however, likely makes it a lid for something.

We haven't heard the plate size though, so it could be a big Olympic
sized pool cover for all we know. He uses a crane to raise and lower it
on and off the pool. :-) (a sky crane).

That's where he brews his beer. :-)