Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Can I install a ceiling?

On Oct 13, 11:59*am, Zephyr wrote:
On Oct 13, 2:12*pm, Joe wrote:

On Oct 13, 10:06*am, stryped wrote:

My detached garage with metal siding has 2x4 trusses spaced 4 feet on
center. Can I install a ceiling or will this be too much weight and
cause sagging/or other problems?

Buy some more metal siding in lengths to span the garage perpendicular
to the trusses. it will likely meet code where you are, it's light
weight, it can carry a full 6" insulation batt or more if you need to
heat the place and it doesn't burn. * With a helper you could do the
whole building in an hour. No problems with sagging, termites, or
other annoyances. Choose a nice pattern and it won't look bad at all.
If the siding available seems too gauche for your taste, most farm
building makers will have real ceiling panels you can buy. Maybe a bit
pricier, but prettier.

Joe

Light weight???
that tin weighs a ton, *ever tried to lift a sheet yourself? *they use
forklifts to move the stuff.

how about popping up some foam board.. thats light weight, and you
could still insulate above it too.

foam board fire issue?