Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected][_2_] l.vanderloo@rogers.com[_2_] is offline

Default Books

On Oct 11, 6:55*pm, "Ed Edelenbos" wrote:
Ok, so I've been turning for several years in a utility sense. *That is to
say, if a job needed a specific part replaced or duplicated, I could do a
decent job of it. *Lately I've gotten into doing some turning as hobby (or
dare I even evoke the A word?... *as art.) *FWIW, I've found a wealth of
educational stuff on youtube. *Assume I'm a novice. *What books have y'all
found worthwhile? *Which ones are "must haves"?

Ed

Hi Ed
I have found that "Turning Green wood" by Michael O'Donnell is one of
those books that every turner should have, IMO
It gives the basic of a tree and how the planning and taking of a
blank can/will the outcome of your turning, even before you are
starting to turn.
Turning, drying and sanding of green wood, is al clear and well
illustrated.
I do have turning books by the usual, Raffan,
Darlow,Child,Nish,Spielman,Connover,Hunnex and more,but find the
O'Donnell book has the things most new turners need to know and it
gives a good basis to start turning more than just pens ;-)))

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo