Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Battery care for winter or storage/Small solar panels?

On Oct 13, 4:18*am, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:
"spaco" wrote in message

news
What has been your experience with these "small solar panels"?

None personally, but I met a merchant marine sailor that kept a car in
storage while he was at sea and used one of these and he seemed to be
pleased that he could start his car and go after leaving it for months at a
time.

Seems to me it might be worth a shot for the OP to try as draping wires all
over the place or lugging batteries in and out of vehicles in the freezing
cold can't be fun.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

The problem with solar panels is that they vary with the amount of
sunshine.

I suspect that the amount of sunshine the Midwest gets is considerably
different than what southern CA gets.

I have heard of batteries going dead because of weeks of clouds. And
one can easily have overcharging because of weeks of all sunshine.

Regulation is always needed..and most small panels have none.

TMT