Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:14:39 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:39:45 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

pete wrote:
SNIP

Well, I wouldn't expect a full postal address. Though the name of the
town would be nice - that way you can at least assure yourself that
the outfit
is local (so you can look it up in the yellow pages, etc.).

Hence the 'Medway' bit. I did come up with all sorts of clever names,
but ended up thinking it was important to have the local connection as
you say.

Although funnily enough there was a Medway Builders' van in Urmston,
Manchester, on Monday.

I used to deal with a science fiction bookseller in Wisbech (Cambs.); it
was called "Fantast (Medway)".

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org