Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Can I install a ceiling?

On Oct 13, 11:06*am, stryped wrote:
My detached garage with metal siding has 2x4 trusses spaced 4 feet on
center. Can I install a ceiling or will this be too much weight and
cause sagging/or other problems?

4' on center? What's on top of the trusses that's spanning 4'? With
that spacing - a likely cost saving measure - it's unlikely there's a
lot of leeway in the load handling capabilities of the roof framing.
You'd have to frame a ceiling before you could cover it, and with 4'
between trusses that wouldn't be easy to do with a light structure.
The lightest ceiling I could think of would be the plastic corrugated
roofing stuff, and that would still sag a bunch with 4' spacing.