Posted to alt.home.repair
dlindaman dlindaman is offline

Default American Standard (Trane) AC and constant problems

dlindaman had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ms-376103-.htm
:
Okay, this is kind of a late response, but I had an American Standard
condensing furnace installed this past Spring and I love it, but it drips
lots of water on the floor when burning in the gas mode. I called the
installer who said a hose must be installed wrong. He came out, couldn't
find anything wrong, then the weather warmed up and it was a moot point.
Now it is getting cold again and the furnace is dripping. I applied both
of my IQ points to solving the problem and was able to determine the
condesate is beign sucked back into the fan enclosure due to air
resistance being less up the drain pipe than through the air filter. I
ran a ring of silicone around the top of the drain pipe inside the fan
enclosure where the drip hose goes from the the furnace into the drain
pipe. Problem solved.