Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Septic System Question

On Oct 13, 8:15�am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Havew the typical septic system with a "chamber" that feeds several
perforated pipes in a leaching field. �Believe the pipes are nestled in
gravel, and covered with soil.

These pipes with the holes are, I believe, clogged.
Or, the gravel and surrounding soil are "clogged.

Question:

Before I call anyone in:

a. �Are there treatments, or perhaps steam-cleaning for the perforated pipes
that is effective ?

b. �Are there treatments or steam cleaning for the gravel and/or surrounding
soil ?

Are any of these doable without removing any over-soil ?

e.g. just a steam probe inserted thru the main feeder pipe to the field,
or... ?

I keep thinking of steam, as it's hard to believe anything else might work.
Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Bob

when was the tank pumped last? if the leach drain field is clogged it
MUST be replaced.

if the tank goes too long without pumping the tank fills with muck and
clogs the field.

given todays laws you will likely have to be replaced