Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11[_2_] Robert11[_2_] is offline

Default Septic System Question

Hello,

Havew the typical septic system with a "chamber" that feeds several
perforated pipes in a leaching field. Believe the pipes are nestled in
gravel, and covered with soil.

These pipes with the holes are, I believe, clogged.
Or, the gravel and surrounding soil are "clogged.

Question:

Before I call anyone in:

a. Are there treatments, or perhaps steam-cleaning for the perforated pipes
that is effective ?

b. Are there treatments or steam cleaning for the gravel and/or surrounding
soil ?

Are any of these doable without removing any over-soil ?

e.g. just a steam probe inserted thru the main feeder pipe to the field,
or... ?

I keep thinking of steam, as it's hard to believe anything else might work.
Thoughts ?

Thanks,
Bob