Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default The revolution has started!

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:26:19 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Hmmmm. Yale v unknown newsgroup person.

Vested interest in gumming up locks...

World's best known & respected lock maker deliberately decides to ruin its
reputation? Not very likely is it?

They're relying on the general public remaining ignorant of WD40's
failings - assuming they're even aware of the failings themselves, which
they might not be.

If things turn sour they'll silently drop the recommendation, I'm sure. Of
the locks that fail, I'm sure they can claim all sorts of natural causes
for the vast majority - and silence the minority quite easily.

It'd be interesting to ask them what sort of longevity testing - if any -
they did on locks treated with WD40, but I can't be bothered - I've not
seen any Yale products this side of the Pond, so it's just not an issue
for me.

cheers

Jules