Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

In uk.d-i-y, pete wrote:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:29:16 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, TheScullster wrote:
I made the mistake of talking to one of these cold calls about repaving the
drive

You seem like a sensible fellow so it just goes to show that anyone can
make a mistake.

IMO it's always a mistake to respond positively to cold calls. I never,
ever, have. I don't see why anyone would. Am *I* being old fashioned?

I've discovered that if you tell them you're renting the place they will
just walk away. No arguments, no sales pitch, no pressure.

Fair enough, but I find it simpler to say "not interested [thank you]"
then close the door or put down the phone. No arguments, no sales pitch,
no pressure.

--
Mike Barnes