Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

In uk.d-i-y, TheScullster wrote:
I made the mistake of talking to one of these cold calls about repaving the
drive

You seem like a sensible fellow so it just goes to show that anyone can
make a mistake.

IMO it's always a mistake to respond positively to cold calls. I never,
ever, have. I don't see why anyone would. Am *I* being old fashioned?

Although in a different league to your experience, I see those reports
in the newspapers about people winning lotteries they didn't enter,
buying shares/property/commodities that guarantee a profit, etc, and I
shake my head in disbelief. How hard can it be to remember one simple
rule? Just say "no".

I wonder how many people have positive experiences to report from cold
calls.

--
Mike Barnes