Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Visible Address - Is this Old Fashioned?

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:53:16 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

This raises another question, aren't businesses supposed to display a
trading address on web sites by law, or is it just a vague "contact
details requirement"?

There are regulations (Distance Selling Regs?) about having a real
address on web sites but I'm pretty sure that is only a requirement
if you are selling direct from the web site via an online shop. TMH
is only using the web as an advert he's not selling directly from the
site.

As to your navy's van. Going through my mind of sole trader vans
around here most will have a contact number, these days quite often a
mobile, and maybe a location but rarely a full address. Full address
stuff tends to be only on vans owned by a company not sole traders.

--
Cheers
Dave.