Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The revolution has started!

Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:44:21 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when
the drugs began to take hold. I remember
saying something like:

WD40 has been used for years as penetrating AND lubricating
Snake oil.

It doesn't do what it says on the tin for very long. Oversold ****,
in other words.
You can get exactly the same pentrant and lubricant action by
making up a spray bottle of a gob of engine oil with diesel. The
ONLY thing WD40 does well is act as a moisture dispersant,
temporarily.

Shame the worlds best known lock manufacturer doesn't agree with you
innit?

Hmmmm. Yale v unknown newsgroup person.

Vested interest in gumming up locks...

World's best known & respected lock maker deliberately decides to ruin its
reputation? Not very likely is it?

--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.