Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default how hot should an piston air compressor get

On Oct 12, 6:54*pm, Ashton Crusher wrote:
My old Monkey Wards 2 piston, single stage, 6 gallon (guessing), 1 hp,
120V air compressor runs as hot as 180 degrees on the cylinder head
when I'm using it a lot. *Is that a normal temperature for this kind
of compressor?

the important question is "duty cycle"........

how much "on" time? how much "off" time?

180 is hot but if you're working this puppy hard, its to be expected

either use less air (cfm's) or set up a fan to help cool it

cheers
Bob