Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default Collapsed Dryer Vent

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
bob haller wrote:
On Oct 12, 6:25�pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:37:03 -0700 (PDT), PFloyd
wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?
From the inside. �What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure
blows it apart

I don't like most dryer vent hose, when I redid the dryer vent in my
basement i got two 4" 90's and a length of metal flex duct. Connected it
all together with screws and metal duct tape, only non-fastened connection
is at base of dryer (to take apart for annual cleaning.) much less
restriction and lint buildup that way.

nate

Good installation except for the screws. I used screws like I'd used with
my HVAC duct work and when inspected a few months later found the each had
collected a good bit of lint. I pulled them all out and just used good
metal duct tape (not the cheapo cloth based stuff that dries put quickly. A
year and a half later and the vents are still clear as new.