Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default CPVC vs Copper

On Oct 12, 8:35*pm, "Kerry L." wrote:
I'm going to be doing some plumbing, never worked with CPVC, and wanted
opinions on it.

Putting in a water softener. All plumbing will be on the cold supply side..
I have existing copper 3/4".

Will need 20' 3/4" line, 3 shut-offs, and various L's & T's & 90's.

Wondering from anyone, about the shut offs of CPVC compared to copper. My
existing copper shut offs tend to get corroded. Does CPVC hold up better
than copper over long term?

I've researched the CPVC vs Copper debate, but failed to find anything
about the shut offs.

I'm leaning towards CPVC, because I believe I can save a few bucks. But, is
it worth it?

Any other input appreciated.

Thanks!

The corrosion is from the mositure on the shut offs will happen on any
metel shut off.