Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Rub Brick

"Luigi Zanasi" wrote in message
On Oct 12, 8:34 pm, "Bill" wrote:
snip of stuff about rub bricks"
Should I be concerned about how flat the cutting stone stays (I'm
mostly only taking off paint, grime, etc.--that is, I'm not cutting deep)?
I am probably doing things the hard way, no?

Yes. :-) I'd use a pressure washer to remove the paint & grime. Then
rub the concrete if you still need to.

Thank you for your reply Luigi.

I have never used a pressure washer, but I am surprised to hear that they
are able to remove paint from concrete (which is very porous).

I am assuming that by grinding, I am providing an epoxy covering a really
good surface to adhere to. I am also concerned about what a pressure washer
might do to my treated and untreated wallboards. A related personal issue
is
that I cannot tolerate being around fumes like ammonia (which I think
may be an ingredient in that approach).

37 years of grime from autos, a boat, welding, etc. You can probably
visualize
the picture. I covered the floor with newspapers the first day I moved in
to avoid
any of it being tracked into the house which is full of light carpet...
Even seeing
just some of the floor get cleaner tonight was satisfying (I am almost able
to see
the light at the end of the tunnel..). Up to now, it's been all talk!

Regards,
Bill