Default About to buy Bandsaw & Jointer, Recommendations?

"RogerN" wrote in message
link.net...

I've been shopping on the internet, reading reviews, etc. I'm close to
ordering an "Ultimate Bandsaw" Grizzly G0555 for $415 Shipped. Also I

have
been looking at their Jointer G1182Z for $380 Shipped. I have read some
good reviews on both of these products. Are their better buys on similar
equipment that would be recommended?

I was at Lowes today, they have the Delta JT360 6" Jointer for $349 but

I'm
not sure how this compares with the Grizzly, any recommendations?

Consider the Yorkcraft 6" jointer.
http://www.wilkemach.com/OnlineCatal...tail=309904 6
70050126&PreviousCategory=Jointers

This is essentially the same piece as the Delta 37-195, a significant
step-up from the JT360, at a much cheaper price than even the JT360. I also
hear Wilke does very good setup and double checks on their machines but
couldn't say whether that's true for mail order or just in the showroom.