Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Collapsed Dryer Vent

bob haller wrote:
On Oct 12, 6:25�pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:37:03 -0700 (PDT), PFloyd
wrote:

I looked through my dryers exit vent from the outside and saw no
connection to it. All I saw was a water pipe. How would I be able to
re-connect my vent?

From the inside. �What do you see when you look at it from the inside
of the house?

check entire line for clogs, sometimes the line clogs and pressure
blows it apart

I don't like most dryer vent hose, when I redid the dryer vent in my
basement i got two 4" 90's and a length of metal flex duct. Connected
it all together with screws and metal duct tape, only non-fastened
connection is at base of dryer (to take apart for annual cleaning.)
much less restriction and lint buildup that way.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel