Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stryped[_3_] stryped[_3_] is offline

Default Running a sub panel off of a sub panel

On Oct 12, 1:50*pm, Bob AZ wrote:
On Oct 12, 8:14 am, stryped wrote:

I have a sub panel in my attached garage. It has a small heat pump/air
conditioner on it for a bonus room (I believe 50 amp) and a 50 amp
welder plug that rarely gets used.

I built a detached garage /shop with a 100 amp panel. Can I run my sub
panel in my detached garage to the sub panel in my attached garage?

I have the capability to attach it to the main panel but it would be
alot of work and would have to move 2 circuits.

Stryped

It is possible to attach this to a sub panel but you still need to
keep the neutral isolated from ground. AND you will have to limit the
100 amp panel to a 50 amp breaker from the 50 amp subpanel. And maybe
not even 50 amp since your AHJ may have further limitations on the
current loading of your 100 amp panel.

Bob *AZ

Why would I have to limit it to 50 amps?