Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Would you trust these guys?

On Oct 12, 10:27*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * NT writes:

On Oct 12, 7:39*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:

Reminds me of the cavity wall salesman doing a street of teraced
houses, which if they knew what they were doing, could have noticed
the houses are all flemish garden wall bond (i.e. 9" brick walls).
I did wonder how many people signed up!

A lot of old walls with the old fancy solid wall type bonds turn out
to be cavity walls with snapped headers.

Actually, these were, with about a half inch cavity, insulated
over the following 100 years by spiders' cobwebs. I haven't pulled
enough of it apart to be sure, but I guess about 1/2 or 2/3rds of
the headers are snapped, the remainder forming the wall ties.

Many have much bigger cavities too, with no consistent cavity size as
far as I know. Last time I checked supposed solid walls on a house
there were 4 different cavity sizes used on the one house!.

NT