Posted to uk.d-i-y
george (dicegeorge) george (dicegeorge) is offline

Default roof finial extension?

I'm hoping some roofers will come to reslate some of my roof in the next
few weeks.
I have a photo showing the original roof with decorative finials
(vertical posts going up from the ridge of the roof at an apex)
and would like to recreate these - but havent the time.
http://www.dicegeorge.com/psb/psimg/...ardstamped.jpg

I was thinking of getting the professionals to fix it with half a finial
and some sort of stub or bolt coming up
so I can get finials carved in my own time.

I could get along the ridge and bolt a carved finial top on later.

Is there a metal bracket I can buy to attach to each half?
perhaps something from fenceposts?

I was thinking of a bar going up behind the finial,
but there must be a better solution?

[g]