Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Would you trust these guys?

On Oct 12, 7:39*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Harry Bloomfield writes:

Just a couple of weeks ago I installed all new gutters, soffits and
facias - not the sort of thing which is easy to miss really, no matter
how poor your your eyesight. I mean they are sort of very long and very
white and very obvious really from even a good distance, unmissable
really.

Well tonight we had a couple of guys touting for work knocking at the
door and offering to do our gutters, soffits and facias. Not much you
can say really, is there?

Reminds me of the cavity wall salesman doing a street of teraced
houses, which if they knew what they were doing, could have noticed
the houses are all flemish garden wall bond (i.e. 9" brick walls).
I did wonder how many people signed up!

Still, not as good as the conservatory for someone on the twenty-
something floor of a tower block.

A lot of old walls with the old fancy solid wall type bonds turn out
to be cavity walls with snapped headers.

NT