Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Lawn Mower Sounds Like it's Going to Stall ( but doesn't )

Jon Danniken wrote:
Jeffy3 wrote:
Have a Craftsman gas push mower that I just bought at the beginning of
this summer. Suddenly the last two times I have used it it sounds like
it's going to stall although it never does. It hums along fine for a
few seconds then sounds like it's about to stall then it picks up and
hums along again for a few seconds, almost like clockwork. When I
push down on the handle to lift the front wheels off the grass, the
engine runs fine. Any ideas?

Sounds like something with the carburator. Who made the engine?

Cleaned the air filter yet?

Make sure the throttle linkage is clear of debris/dirt.

DAGS for "surging" or "hunting" and small engines. B&S has a pretty
good FAQ site that leads thru troubleshooting process.