Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Running a sub panel off of a sub panel

On Oct 12, 8:14�am, stryped wrote:
I have a sub panel in my attached garage. It has a small heat pump/air
conditioner on it for a bonus room (I believe 50 amp) and a 50 amp
welder plug that rarely gets used.

I built a detached garage /shop with a 100 amp panel. Can I run my sub
panel in my detached garage to the sub panel in my attached garage?

I have the capability to attach it to the main panel but it would be
alot of work and would have to move 2 circuits.

Stryped

It is possible to attach this to a sub panel but you still need to
keep the neutral isolated from ground. AND you will have to limit the
100 amp panel to a 50 amp breaker from the 50 amp subpanel. And maybe
not even 50 amp since your AHJ may have further limitations on the
current loading of your 100 amp panel.

Bob AZ