Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Broken Jaw, Chuck ID ??? Need help please

On Oct 11, 10:17*pm, "Snag" wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Oct 11, 11:32 am, "Snag" wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 11, 10:56 am, David Billington
wrote:
The same thing happened on a mates 4 jaw and as it's inpedendant he
machined a new jaw from O-1 plate. Been working fine for the last
15 years IIRC.- Hide quoted text -

Yes that would be an option, but I do not have a mill.
Thanks, Tony

Well , dang it , now y'all got me ponderin' . How about a set of
"master jaws" , that a soft jaw can be bolted to ? As I mentioned
over in the Logan group , it'd take a better machinist than me , but

Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"
'39 WLDD "PopCycle"
BS 132/SENS/DOF

MSC sells them:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=4465242&PMT4NO=72243659

That's one of the less expensive models.

jsw

Jim , I can screw up a lot of steel , and still manage to make a usable set
for a LOT less than $571.36 . Come to think about it , those might not ba as
hard as I thought . Real precision is needed at the slot , but the rest
doesn't need all that tight a tolerance - after all , they're adjusted
independently ... and I could make them with a bit more meat at the tabs ..
* Scott Logan said over at the Lathe List that Buck was mighty proud of
their replacement parts . Looks like he's right on the money . Once again