Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default OT, Zenni Optical help!

Thanks everyone for helping me about 4 weeks ago with my questions re
'progressive' lenses.

I am now ready for bifocals. The progressives are wonderful for garage
sales and the supermarket. I no longer have to get on my knees to read
phono album and book titles. They are useless for all other purposes.

I want to order some bifocals, and obviously I will use the same
prescriptions.
OD SP +0.75, Cyl -0.75, Axis 098, Read Add +2.5
OS SP +1.00, Cyl -0.50, Axis 110, Read Add +2.5

However, I would also like to order a pair for the computer. I use +1.5
reading glasses for the screen, and switch back and forth to +2.5 reading
glasses for reading. If I want bifocals that do the same thing (obviate the
switching) what numbers do I use? Where do I plug in the +1.5 value?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary