Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recessed door knobs

Jack wrote:
I've got a little one who is just about at the right height to whack her
head on a protruding door knob. There is nothing I can do to change the
swing of the door to put the door knob inside the jam.

I thought there might be something like a recessed door opener latch or
something like that but can't seem to find anything. Any ideas?? Thanks.

I have a problem with toddlers running into my knees.
When the little tykes start zooming around with their
little arms in the air like a crazed Orangutan, they
will invariably run into one of my knees. BAM! they
fall on their rump and start screaming, it rips my
heart out that one of my little friends was hurt because
of me. Perhaps I should get some thick pads to cover
my legs when I'm around munchkins. The hockey goalie
pads might work. Then there is that overhead smash to the
groin that toddlers are famous for.

TDD