Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samantha[_3_] Samantha[_3_] is offline

Default DeLL E152FPc Goes black after a second.

Took the time today to open that monitor. It went pretty smoothly,
found all the tabs with the help of a small spackle knife. Found the
buldging 1000uf 16v capacitor. Found a replacement on an old board from
a TV and swapped the two. I have the monitor on and the test pattern up
now. Have let it set for about an hour now. Will leave it for a few
more to make sure nothing else happens...

Want to give you all a lot of thanks for the help. I probably would
have stumbled around inside there for quite awhile before I really
figured out how it work.

Knowing how something breaks (common failures) is invaluable when trying
to troubleshoot something.

Thanks to all!!

S.