Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder[_2_] Fred Holder[_2_] is offline

Default Books

On Oct 11, 3:55 pm, "Ed Edelenbos" wrote:
Ok, so I've been turning for several years in a utility sense. That is to
say, if a job needed a specific part replaced or duplicated, I could do a
decent job of it. Lately I've gotten into doing some turning as hobby (or
dare I even evoke the A word?... as art.) FWIW, I've found a wealth of
educational stuff on youtube. Assume I'm a novice. What books have y'all
found worthwhile? Which ones are "must haves"?

Ed

If in fact, you were a novice, my book "The Woodturner's FAQ Book" was
recommended as "required reading for all new turners" by one fellow, a
Phd, who purchased the book and then e-mailed me to let me know how
useful he had found the book. The book was published by Linden
Publishing in California and is available from my web site. To order a
signed copy go to may web site. The book was inspired by this
newsgroup and my several thousand posts to it. The book is done in a
Question-Answer format and was designed for beginning woodturners.

I have also written two books published by GMC Publications in
England: "Making Screw Threads in Wood," and A Guide to WorkHolding on
the Lathe." I have written another book for beginning turners that is
only available on a CD-ROm or a download from the internet. It is
called "The Turning Process," and is sold on CD-ROM as "Two Books In
One," which includes The Turning Process and my other book, "Making
the Chinese Ball or Five Concentric Spheres." These latter two are
only available from my web site.

Fred Holder
http://www.morewoodturning.net