Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Sketchup Question

wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:50:21 -0500, Jack Stein
wrote:

Really? You think my Windows OS is the only one that doesn't know when
to adjust for daylight savings time?

The problem isn't that your Windows doesn't know when to adjust to
DST, it's that you don't know when to turn Windows DST on.

Hardly!

And if your
Windows OS doesn't work properly in the first place, then you were the
one that screwed it up.

Wrong, camel breath.

You do understand that the time setting is not for your benefit, it is
for the benefit of others, right?

No, I didn't know that.

Understandable. There's many, many things you don't know and refuse to
even acknowledge for some strange reason.

Right, my time settings don't mean beans to me, why would I care what
the time stamps on my files are as long as you can see what time I
posted a message. You really are clueless!

Windows adjust the time for you. Then switch back if you believe
there is a benefit.

I've re-applied the patch, but if you actually thought I was going to
set my clock to the wrong time to make a few people here happy, you are
wrong.

That's where your problem lies. You weren't being asked to set the
wrong time, you were being told that your time setting wasn't working
properly.

No, I was told my clock was wrong, it wasn't. My time setting also works
fine here, it is only the windows automatic setting that doesn't work
right. Windows may be junk, but there is no way they could know the
government was going to change when DST should start and stop. They put
a manual setting so it could be used if needed. I needed it, I used it,
my system was working fine, time was correct.

As usual though, your arrogance got in the way. The time
thing was for everybody's use (everyone on newsgroups anyway) and not
just the few people you happened to be arguing with at the time. But,
you're too self centered to understand that.

I really don't care what time stamps my messages have when they get on
your system. I've added a patch solely to correct others systems that
were incorrectly adjusting my clock for DST, which did not need adjusted.

God, it's so much fun razzing you.

Glad to entertain you.

You're such an easy target. Guess
that shows what kind of insignificant life I have, eagerly waiting to
respond to your self deceiving posts every morning.

You have a good day now, Jack.

--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: