Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - Battery care for winter or storage

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I pull the batteries on all my seasonal use engines. Clean and put on a
board in the basement. Twice during winter, give them a tickle charge till
the auto charge light goes out.

Werks grate!

Karl

That would be great on the mower. I occasionally use the 4WD truck and the
tractor with front end loader during the winter but a freezing engine seems
to take a good charge to get running. I like the idea of sealed automatic
marine chargers myself but they seem to be on the expensive side. That is
probably the main reason I'm considering an enclosure for chargers and
running cords for the charging. I'm hoping extended leads will work OK with
low current maintenance charging.

RogerN