Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default OT - Battery care for winter or storage

This winter I'd like to try to keep my batteries in good condition if
possible. I've got a zero turn mower, tractor, truck, backhoe, marine
batteries for the boat, I've counted 8 lead acid batteries to maintain in
all. My goal is to keep everything charged to be ready when I need it and
have my batteries to still be good next year when I need to mow again.

Possibilities are on-board automatic chargers or perhaps use weatherproof
connectors and running cables to a cabinet with chargers. Not sure if I
should run 120V to each vehicle for an on board charger or run the chargers
in a cabinet and run 12V charge leads to each battery. Just wondering if
any here have recommendations or good/bad experiences with such?

RogerN