Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Recessed door knobs

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 10:43:05 -0400, "Jack" wrote:

I've got a little one who is just about at the right height to whack her
head on a protruding door knob. There is nothing I can do to change the
swing of the door to put the door knob inside the jam.

I thought there might be something like a recessed door opener latch or
something like that but can't seem to find anything. Any ideas?? Thanks.

It used to be that, supposedly, whenever anyone had a black eye and
didn't want to say where he got it it, he'd say he walked into a
doorknob. It was meant to be obviously a made-up answer, because no
one could get a black eye that way. I haven't heard this expression
for decades.

But when I was 9 or 10, at my grandmother's house, I tripped just
before I got to an interior door, fell into the doorknob and got a
black eye. Since I was fallng, I probably hit it a lot harder than
your kid would and I only got a black eye.