Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Time change due

In article , harry k wrote:
On Oct 11, 7:30=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , Red Green postmas...=

wrote:

Arizona in the US does not switch to DST. Yet within Arizona the Navajo
Nation does.

Yeah, I remember finding that a bit confusing when driving through AZ some
years ago -- the time kept changing, and I didn't know why.

Hawaii also doesn't observe DST, and until quite recently neither did Indiana.

Try Idaho. I don't know what they do about DST but the south part of
the state is in Mountain time, the northern part in Pacific Time. I
have no clue as to why. The western border runs due N-S so why does
the time zone take a zig?...Perhaps economics as the northern part is
more connected to Washington state economically.

Most likely. There are a few counties in NW Indiana that are on Central time
(the rest of the state is on Eastern) because of their proximity to Chicago.
And back when we didn't observe DST, those counties, plus a few in the
Cincinnati area, *did*, because of the economic connections to those cities.