Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Recessed door knobs

Jack wrote:
I've got a little one who is just about at the right height to whack her
head on a protruding door knob. There is nothing I can do to change the
swing of the door to put the door knob inside the jam.

I thought there might be something like a recessed door opener latch or
something like that but can't seem to find anything. Any ideas?? Thanks.

I would be inclined to do something very temporary, like sticking a wad
of sponge on the knob. Get some bright colored nylon sponge cut wider
than the knob, and just stick it on with temporary glue. Put a smiley
on it to draw attention and she will either notice it more easily or
bump something softer. If she runs around bumping into a lot of stuff,
time to work on controlling her activity.