Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Recessed door knobs

On Oct 11, 10:43*am, "Jack" wrote:
I've got a little one who is just about at the right height to whack her
head on a protruding door knob. *There is nothing I can do to change the
swing of the door to put the door knob inside the jam.

I thought there might be something like a recessed door opener latch or
something like that but can't seem to find anything. *Any ideas?? *Thanks.

Wrap her in bubble wrap...? While I understand your concern, it is
silly to think you can prevent her from bumping in to things. A door
knob won't do any more than make an ouchie. She's more likely to be
injured by a friend, a toy, a sibling, your driveway, the steps, the
kitchen table, you driving her around, etc., etc.

We learn by our mistakes and the sooner she learns to move carefully,
the better. Don't worry so much. You grew up in a world that wasn't
totally childproofed and you're none the worse for wear.