Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Y Plan problems

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:05:51 +0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

Connected across to neutral. The switched live stayed at 90V when the
last call was from the CH.

The cap that Geoff so kindly posted to me dropped the voltage to 3V
(readings made with a DVM) after the CH was no longer called for.

So it worked?

As to how it fixes the problem then you need Geoff or John to answer. It
is long time ago that I did electronics.

I guess it simply attenuates the voltage seen at the SL terminal caused by
the high value (680K?) resistor in the motorised valve. It's too late in
the night (or early in the morning!) to ask my brain to do the sums
especially seeing as wot they has reactance at 50Hz in them and it's a
looong time since I did that stuff, but maybe some brainy sort will be
along soon to help us out here. :-)

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Teenagers: tired of being harassed by your stupid parents? Act now! -
Move out, get a job and pay your own bills, while you still know everything!