Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Toilet issue, Moms

"Van Chocstraw" wrote
cshenk wrote:

Hi folks, this in from Mom. "comode is not holding water but fills up
fine but leaks out over time so must be refilled."
Ideas? She'd mean the toilet bowl not the tank.

High wind area? Sometimes the wind causes a vacuum in the sewer pipe
sucking the toilet water out. Sometimes you can see the toilet water
bouncing up and down with storms.

Yes, high wind and that's an interesting one. She's in a trailer and the
skirting is always causing trouble so she just replaced it again for winter.
Some of the old stuff had rotted out (wood, doesnt affect the trailer itself
but abuts it) so she put up new base and some sort of siding. I don't have
the details but she's a pretty savvy lady even if 79 now (grin). If she was
into newsgroups, she'd be all over this place with 30 years of 'house
flipping' experience. Like all of us though, she doesnt know everything and
plumming is a gap for her.

So, the issue may be downline of her I take it? That would explain why it
seems to be transient.