Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Toilet issue, Moms

"BQ340" wrote
cshenk wrote:
Hi folks, this in from Mom. "comode is not holding water but fills up
fine but leaks out over time so must be refilled."
Ideas? She'd mean the toilet bowl not the tank.

Evaporation if toilet is not used much?

Naw, this was her main one. She's using the back one now.

Vent issues causing suction in drainpipe when other drains are used?

This may well be it. Snake the vent somehow? Blockage of some sort
suspected? She's handy but this sort of thing (plumming) isnt her forte at
all, and one I only know a bit about. I can replace a toilet seal, thats
about it.

Dog water bowl is empty?

Snicker, she doesnt have any pets.