Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AdeV AdeV is offline

Default Chronos digital readouts

David Billington may or may not have intoned:

[snippage]

I wondered originally if you had a Chinese mill but I have a series 1 BP
as well and have never had any issue with the lead screw accuracy so it
certainly sounds from your testing that the scale is at fault.

I nearly bought a Chinese mill after most of the Bridgeport (and
Bridgeport types) I was watching ended up going for "silly" money
(silly=out of my range). I got lucky/unlucky with my machine: Lucky it
wasn't too dear, unlucky in that it's got some interesting wear issues,
and the head seized the 2nd time I used it. Fortunately, liberal
applicastions of moly grease to the main bearing in the pulley block has
restored normal - albeit noisy - operation.

I would
contact Chronos and see if they will replace it. I've bought from them
before but not had any issues with the stuff so haven't tested their
problem resolution.

Aye, I'll give them a go. I've bought a few hundred pounds worth of
stuff off them recently, so I'm hoping it'll go at least moderately
well...

Some information on the scale operation here
http://www.yadro.de/digital-scale/working.html . Maybe the etching mask
is out on that batch for some reason.

It's either that, or the measuring unit increments by the wrong amount
at each mark; which is I think what Gunner was getting at in his reply.
Whilst it's tempting to go dip-switch diving, I'm not sure I want to
take the thing apart until Chronos have had the opportunity to
rectify...

--
Cheers!
Ade.