Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Math question

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
In article ,
(Edward A. Falk) wrote:
In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

It would be nice if you'd quote the post you're responding to so
that other people would know what the heck you're talking about...

Ahh, mea culpa. I've gotten too spoiled by a newsreader that threads
the posts and lets you know what post follows which, and lets you
easily see the previous post. Hadn't realized that not all
newsreaders do this.

Mine does that. The problem is that I'd apparently already read the
post you
replied to, and so it had disappeared before I got to yours.

Be aware, also, that *nothing* in the NNTP protocol guarantees that
posts will
arrive at any particular news server in anything even faintly
resembling the
sequence in which they were generated -- or, indeed, that they will
arrive at
all.

In short, you cannot assume that the post you're replying to will be
available
for reading by *anyone*, no matter what client software they're
using. That's
why it's best practice to quote the relevant portion(s) of anything
you reply
to.

Regardless, Iggi's solution is the common place implementation of
Simpson's
Rule.
Marine Architects and Naval Engineer's know it, and French Curves, well.

--
John R. Carroll

We just did seven real estate studies in the last two days. My formula is
actually the best, even over Simpson's Rule. Take four widths, average,
then multiply by length.

This method is absolutely the best since mathematically, as on the pools, I
am expected to be plus or minus 25% accuracy.

Steve :-)