Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default The revolution has started!

wrote:
On 9 Oct,
Dave wrote:

Out of date? Oil lies under the earth's crust for millions of years, it
gets processed into oils and greases and as soon as it enters the
aerospace industry, a life label gets slapped on it lifing it to 12 months.

We used to have to re-lube the bearings on blowers every year. The grease had
a shelf life of 6 months -- but was good for 12 in the elevated temperature
in the blower. We never had problems using it /well/ past it's expiry date --
probably a sales gimmick.

In the aerospace industry, it was more a case of covering your back :-(

Dave